Error while creating Acknowledgments for professional claim (837)

Developer
May 17, 2013 at 6:51 PM
File Name: X12Extensions.cs

In my case, elementNote.ContextErrors is null.

foreach (var context in elementNote.ContextErrors)
                            {
                                var ctx = ik4.AddSegment<TypedSegmentCTX>(new TypedSegmentCTX());
                                ctx.CTX01._1_ContextName = "SITUATIONAL TRIGGER";
                                ctx.CTX01._2_ContextReference = context.IdentificationReference;
                                ctx.CTX02_SegmentIdCode = context.SegmentIdCode;
                                ctx.CTX03_SegmentPositionInTransactionSet = context.SegmentPositionInTransactionSet;
                                ctx.CTX04_LoopIdentifierCode = context.LoopIdentifierCode;
                            }
foreach (var context in elementNote.ContextErrors)
                            {
                                var ctx = ik4.AddSegment<TypedSegmentCTX>(new TypedSegmentCTX());
                                ctx.CTX01._1_ContextName = "SITUATIONAL TRIGGER";
                                ctx.CTX01._2_ContextReference = context.IdentificationReference;
                                ctx.CTX02_SegmentIdCode = context.SegmentIdCode;
                                ctx.CTX03_SegmentPositionInTransactionSet = context.SegmentPositionInTransactionSet;
                                ctx.CTX04_LoopIdentifierCode = context.LoopIdentifierCode;
                            }

For current work around I am checking for NULL
Coordinator
May 17, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Would you happen to have a de-identified version of the claim that is causing this error so the problem can be reproduced?
Developer
May 17, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I will try get to you one. Unfortunately, I can do that only during this week end.

Sent from my iPhone

Developer
May 23, 2013 at 3:10 AM
I am trying to get this file to you so that you can reproduce the problem.

I unbundled all the claims in this file and tried to create ACK for each one of them so that I can identify the problem claim. But, when I tried that, none of them is helping me to reproduce the problem. However when I use the original claim file which has multiple claims, I can see that problem.

Do you have any tool to de-identify a given claim file (which has multiple claims in it)?

I am trying my best to get this file to you.
Coordinator
May 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM
There is a de-identify tool here: (http://etasoft.com/ot.htm)
Developer
May 23, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I have created an issue and attached the file which can be used to reproduce the problem.
Thanks again for all your great work.
Aug 2, 2013 at 8:34 PM
The ContextErrors list is not initialized in the DataElementNote class and it is not supplied when the DataElementError is created:
protected SegmentError CreateDataElementError(SegmentInformation segmentInfo, int elementPositionInSegment, string syntaxErrorCode, string element)
        {
            var error = new SegmentError
            {
                SegmentIdCode = segmentInfo.SegmentId,
                SegmentPosition = segmentInfo.SegmentPosition,
                LoopIdentifierCode = segmentInfo.LoopId,
                ImplementationSegmentSyntaxErrorCode = "8"
            };
            error.ElementNotes.Add(new DataElementNote
            {
                PositionInSegment = new PositionInSegment { ElementPositionInSegment = elementPositionInSegment },
                SyntaxErrorCode = syntaxErrorCode,
                CopyOfBadElement = element
            });
            return error;
        }
The result is that ContextErrors is always null.
Coordinator
Sep 15, 2013 at 4:33 PM
I have updated DataElementNote to initialize ContextErrors in changeset 30924. Let me know if this doesn't fix the problem.