Current state of 270/271 models

May 8, 2012 at 3:27 AM

I was just wondering how far along the 270/271 models are. I haven't had a chance to examine the work very closely, but it seems like the response is mostly finished.

Are there any plans to finish these models in the near future, or are they on the list of low priorites?

Thanks

Coordinator
May 8, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I can start working on these again, just mostly need test data.  If you have de-identified test data you can point me to, than I can get something in the next release.

If there is a standard way to present this data on a form or html, I can do a transformation for visualization.

May 9, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I've collected a number of sample files, but most of it is simplistic 4010 data. Unfortunately, I don't have any de-identified production data available.

If you would like to use what I have, I can send you the data in files, or I can try to locate some of the relevant websites for you. 

Nov 27, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Great job so far. I was able to parse using the X12-271-to-BenefitResponce xslt then use the BenefitRespone-to-Html xslt to make it "humanly readable". The functionality is great! My problem is xslt. I suck at it. In fact, I never even heard of it until I got involved with this project. My "new" style sheet works great data wise but it won't render correctly in non IE browsers. Do you have any other BenefitRespone-to-????.xslt. I'll take whatever you got rtf, csv, pdf etc. Also, Do you still need production data? I can send you some de-identified 5010 files from different payers.

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I would love to have more test files, especially for testing rendering to a visual format.

Do you know what the problem in non-IE browsers is?  The class names could help you add your own style sheet to format for the other browsers.

If you have a sample layout I might be able to get you something in PDF which won't have the browser problem.  It would still do a transformation, but it would be to xsl-fo and use the FoNet.dll in the lib folder to actually create the pdf file.  If not I could try and get it to render just like the html with the boxes around the loops.  It won't have any tool tips though.

Nov 28, 2012 at 2:30 AM
Edited Nov 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I appreciate the help. The rendering problem is mostly due to my lack of familiarity with xslt syntax and semantics. I worked on the style sheet a little more today and now it looks good in IE, Firefox and Safari. Chrome has an issue rendering xslt as a local file. If I can get this done in xsl.fo I wouldn’t care about the browser rendering issues. Ultimately though, the goal is "parse to database"

By the way, today the girls at the office saw the result of me testing my new batch 5010 270 creator and your parser at work. In their words, “OMG can we use it now?"

Ok, please let me know how I can get the production 271’s to you. As for the pdf samples, are scanned pdf images ok?  

Thanks, Julian

Update, I emailed to you a few sample 271's and pdf's.