Create 837P Transaction

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I am trying to identify a solution that will take data elements (i.e. database) and create a 5010 837P X12 file. As I do my research, I keep coming back to OopFactory X12 Parser. Based on the reading it seems to be able to accomplish what I need to do however I am trying to find an example of this. I would appreciate any help how I can use X12 parser to create 837P file (if it can). I am relatively new to the EDI standard so it is like sipping from a firehose!

Thank you

Ray

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

See the ProfessionalClaimCreationTester here:  http://x12parser.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/20228#151876.

It is the unit test for creating the 837P by populating an Interchange object and serializing it.

It does some handy things for you such as adding the transaction trailers with the correct counts.

Most of the segments will also be strongly typed so that you can be sure you are setting the correct element.

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Thank you for the example which helps considerable. I have been looking at some of the other discussion posts which have given me some insight but your example really nails it for me. I really appreciate the work that you and the community have been doing on this project.

Thanks - Ray

Oct 31, 2012 at 5:07 AM

I am testing x12 parser library to create a 5010  837I X12 file. Can anyone point me to right direction on how to do this? Any help/clue would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!